When it comes to slowing down the progression of Parkinson’s disease, exercise is critical. But you don’t need to be a lifelong athlete to benefit.
In this episode, we hear why exercise is so important, and some easy ways people living with Parkinson’s can get started today.
We also cover the importance of physical and occupational therapy, and hear tips on how home adaptations can help manage symptoms.
For more links and resources, visit our website at HealthUnmuted.com
The benefits of exercise
- Study to show exercise improves depression in Parkinson’s patients
- Benefits of exercise for slowing parkinson’s disease – Parkinson’s Foundation
- Downloadable resources on benefits of exercise for PD – Stanford Medicine
- Why you should exercise – Parkinson’s Foundation
- GERD, Gastroesophageal reflux disease – Mayo Clinic
- Skills and Wellness channel – Youtube – Mobility videos
- Parkinson’s foundation – Youtube – Fitness Friday videos
- Step by Step Physio Movements – Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery
- MENTOR Program
- Exercise videos – Brian Grant Foundation
- Easy changes to make around the house – Davis Phinney Foundation Video
- Bathroom and grooming aids – Parkinson’s Foundation
- Webinar on creating a safe home environment – Parkinson’s Foundation
A transcript of this episode is available here.
This episode is made possible with support from Altoida.
What did you think of this episode? We’d love to hear from you. Please visit healthunmuted.com/feedback to let us know!