Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD, affects millions of people around the world – and millions more may be undiagnosed. So what exactly is COPD? In this episode, you’ll get to know your lungs better, learn about symptoms and causes, risk factors, and more. And you’ll meet John and Jan, who share their experiences living with and managing the disease.
- What is COPD?
- What symptoms are associated with COPD?
- What is a spirometer? How does it confirm a diagnosis of COPD?
- What resources are available?
Visit our website for more information: HealthUnmuted.com
For more information about COPD:
- COPD Foundation: https://www.copdfoundation.org/
- Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/copd/symptoms-causes/syc-20353679
- Cleveland Clinic: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/8709-chronic-obstructive-pulmonary-disease-copd
- National Institutes of Health: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/copd
For one-on-one and community support:
- COPD Community Support toll-free support line: +1(866)316-2673
- COPD360Social, social media support group: https://www.copdfoundation.org/COPD360social/Community/Get-Involved.aspx
- American Lung Association’s Better Breathers Club: https://www.lung.org/help-support/better-breathers-club