Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. It is the fifth-leading cause of death and a leading cause of disability in the United States.
Every 4 minutes, someone dies of stroke and more than 795,000 people in the United States have a stroke each year. About 610,000 of these are first or new strokes.
This unique podcast miniseries is created for those who have experienced a stroke and those who care about them. Each episode explains a particular aspect about the condition and refers listeners to trustworthy information, resources, and links.
This series covers:
- What is stroke?
- What are the types of stroke?
- What are the effects of stroke?
- Who is at risk of stroke?
- What are the symptoms of stroke?
- How is it diagnosed?
- What treatments and therapies are available?
- What support groups are there?
- And more...